Jeff Moore, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Moore is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who focuses on sports medicine. He has treated collegiate and many other athletes in Alaska for decades. He brings extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries, including shoulder and knee arthroscopic surgeries and adult reconstructive procedures such as shoulder, hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Moore earned his undergraduate degree at the United States Air Force Academy, where he was recognized as a distinguished graduate. He completed his medical degree at the University of Southern California and his residency at the University of Nebraska/Creighton University School of Medicine.
After his residency, he entered the Air Force and served as Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at both Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada and later at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage. He then entered private practice in Nebraska where he served as head team physician for Hastings College.
In 2001, Dr. Moore returned to Anchorage in private practice and later teamed up with fellow orthopedic sports medicine surgeon Dr. Eli Powell to form Alaska Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine, which merged with OPA in 2014.
Today Dr. Moore continues his sports medicine practice serving patients at OPA offices in Anchorage and Eagle River. He also serves as the head team physician for various sports teams, including the Alaska Aces professional hockey team (since 2002), University of Alaska Anchorage basketball, cross country, track & field, gymnastics and skiing teams,
Dr. Moores’ current leadership roles include serving as the Alaska delegate for the National Council of American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM). He is also past president of medical staff at Alaska Regional Hospital.
Dr. Moore and his wife Becky have three boys. The family enjoys an active lifestyle including skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, and boating.
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery of Shoulder, Knee & Hip
- Hip, Knee & Shoulder Replacement/Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Reconstruction
- Knee Reconstruction
- ACL Reconstruction
- Total Hip Replacement (Arthroscopy – THA)
- Total Knee Replacement (Arthroscopy – TKA)
- Total Shoulder Replacement (Arthroscopy – TSA)
- Hip Arthroscopy including FAI Treatment
- Rotator Superior Capsule Reconstruction
- Multiple Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Instability, including Dislocation, Treatment
Privileges & Affiliations
- Alaska Regional Hospital
- Providence Alaska Medical Center
- Alaska Surgery Center
- Alpine Surgery Center
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), National Council of Delegates Alaska State Medical Association, Member
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Anchorage Orthopedic Society, Member
- Residency University of Nebraska/Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Doctor of Medicine
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- Undergraduate Degree, Distinguished Graduate, The United States Air Force Academy